Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Delighting in God



Psalm 37 says : "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your ways to the Lord, trust also in Him and He shall bring it to pass."

I have been pondering and thinking about this. I don't think that this means that God will give us every desire we have-as long as we are delighting in Him. Oh, we have lot's of desires...a new car, computer, better job, more friends... None of these things are wrong, in fact I think God delights in blessing us with these things. I think that part of this is actually as we delight in God, our desires turn into HIS desires.  Delighting in God also produces the willingness to count all things as loss for the sake of knowing Christ. 
I know for a fact that God does want to give us the deep desires of our hearts. Since He knows the plans that He has for us (Jer. 29:11) I think He gives us some of the yearnings and longings in our hearts-just so we can find our delight and fulfillment in Him, then He blesses us. It's all part of a plan to get to know Him better. What do you think? Just a thought I had...

So, together, let's keep seeking Him and delighting in Him! It is such a privilege and honor to serve the God that we serve. I wouldn't trade in a million.

Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment