Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Of joys in life...

I think one of the greatest joys in life is being a big sister. As many of you know-I feel quite experienced in this role-having 10 siblings younger than I. At times, being the eldest girl and one of the oldest kids in the family has not been a pice of cake-but I love it! There are more responsibilities, more chores, little kids to run after and noses to wipe, kissing their bumps and bruises, and singing to them when they are sad and crying. I have baked many loves of bread, and not to mention ALL of those birthday cakes! (Thanks to Annie for taking that department over for the most part now) Needless to say that if you have 15 birthdays every year-you get to be a very experienced cake-baker.
Since I don't live at home now, I think I am seeing more clearly than ever how blessed I am. I love every minute that I spend with my siblings. Even the days I am not with them, I get little texts saying "Emily-you are a treasure" (from an 11 year old) "Hi Emily, do you mind if I call you" (from a 7 year old) or "Hi Emily, I love you. Gold bless you. Love Melody (from a 5 year old). I loved getting a phone call from my little brother last week. He very excitedly told me "'Emily, I lost my front tooth! Thorry if I thound funny." Talking to my 13 year old brother about his baseball game,  Or even a 16 year old brother telling me that my hair looked cute. =) I relish these moments, and have been learning to tuck these moments away, and thank God for them. As I see my young siblings grow up into men and women of God-I give thanks. I hope and pray if I ever had children of my own- that I will be faithful as my parents have been, in teaching us in the ways of God-and how to love each other.
Any way, I have been thinking so much this week of how much I love my family...and love being a big sister...and what a joy it is...I decided to share it with you.

Blessings!



-Emily

2 comments:

  1. Emily,

    This is so sweet! We love you so much!

    -Your little family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,

    It is true. You are a treasure. We treasure our time with you. I love you way too much.

    Mummas

    ReplyDelete