Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 26. A Childhood Memory

Well, I am back from my trip...so I'll get going again. We had a wonderful time, I am very tired, but am trying to catch up on a lot of lost sleep!
Okay for a childhood memory...


I think that we as a family like living on top of hills...most of our houses have been perched right on top of a hill! At the particular house this story occurred, our house was on the hill and our barns down at the bottom.
At the foot of the hill, after a heavy rain, a HUGE mud puddle would form. It was like a small pond. In fact, sometimes the water would stick around for some time, and in the winter would freeze-then we would ice skate on it. But, in the summer-it was our swimming pool! We would spend hours swimming in this mud puddle. We had so much fun! Daniel and Timothy got a pice of wood and fashioned a diving board. We were young, I would say Daniel was maybe 7 years old, tops. It was Jill's turn to use the diving board, but being a little toddler, she was taking her time at the end. (It was maybe 6 inches off the ground) I was the impatient 3 or 4 year old and didn't want to wait any longer. With Jill at the foot of the board, I took my run and jump and...knocked Jill head first into the water. I thought it was so funny! Jill didn't think so...
It is funny, because my mom actually had the video camera out, and got it all on tape. We lost the tape several years ago... =( I am still hoping to find it, because it really was so funny to watch. 
The other favorite part of swimming in the puddle was...When we were done, we would walk up to the house, my mom would bring a big blanket, we would all sit on it and she would give us a ride on the "Bath-y Express"...she would pull us into the bathroom and stick us in the tub, with our clothes on. We were so muddy! She would rinse the mud out of our clothes, and then give us our individual baths.
 It may not sound as fun now, but what a way to make a little girl/children happy! I was about 3 or so when we did this, but it is such a vivid memory!
Okay gotta run! "See" you tomorrow! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment