Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 15. A person I admire.

A person that I admire...

Boy, I didn't think this would be so hard...I have so many people that I admire. My first thought would be my parents-but I think you have rather gotten that over my postings, and I don't know how much more I could add to what I have said.


Today I am going to concentrate on Timothy. Timothy is my second oldest brother who is currently in Ghana, West Africa. He has been there for 14 months, and will be there until November of this year-for a total of 2 years. I guess what I admire, is that he has so willingly thrown himself into his task. The place he lives 3/4 of the time has no electricity or running water. He has to take cold bucket baths all of the time...(which would be torture for me...I like my hot long showers)...He teaches school to unruly little children, and does well. I admire that he cooks his food over an open little brazier...I admire that he has pushed through sickness, loneliness, and the heat of Africa to bring God's word to people there...

I love you Timbo!!!!!!!
Jill and Timothy in Africa...a week ago. =)

1 comment: