Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day Three...A Favorite Book

Wow, another tough one. You are talking to a girl that reads a minimum of 250 books a year. I always say that I "eat" books! Once I read four 400 page books in 5 hours (one afternoon).



I  tend to read mostly "story" type of books. Historical fiction and non-fiction. My dad gave me this book  called "Captivating" and I read it. I wouldn't say that this is my favorite book-but it is an amazing book. I read it when I really needed it's message and therefore-it will always be a special book. It is for women young and old, and I would highly recommend it. Written by John and Stasi Eldrege. 


Another series of books that are extremely good-and are on my favorite list would be The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers. These are based is Rome and the surrounding areas after the death of Jesus. Very powerful books!!!


Another great book- For One Moment. I loved this book when I was a young-er girl, and it still a favorite. A young boy growing up in Germany, becomes a teenager at the time of Hitler's rise to power. He is swept away along with thousands of other enamored young people. Dealing with hurts from a broken home and a father's seemingly betrayal he rises to the top, but...I won't tell any more-you'll have to read it for yourself! =) It is by Christmas Carol Kauffman. 





Other great authors that I read would consist of Karen Kingsbury, Patricia St. John - Oh you HAVE to read her book called Twice Freed-it is the greatest book and DEFINITELY on the top of my favorite list!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Emily,
    If you like reading books about WWII, then one book that some high school students read in class is Number the Stars; about a young girl during WWII. I think you'd like it. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered if you would do Twice Freed.

    ReplyDelete